Friday, January 14, 2011

Hoosier 4 Life.



I watched this video a few days ago. It made me laugh. And, it brought tears to my eyes because I long for Bloomington. When I was an undergrad, I had student season tickets every. single. year. I loved going to games!! (I won't even mention my heathen of a little sister who has only gone to a handful of games. One of them I took her to when she was in high school. No school spirit, I tell ya! Oh wait... I just mentioned it. Oh well!) And, there are countless stories surrounding my friends and me going to games. (...like the time the cops drove me and Emily home from Assembly Hall....) Heck, when I was on Homecoming Court, I was asked what my biggest regret from my fours years at IU was. My response: "I regret I've never been given the chance to run with the flags at the eight minute timeout." True story! (And I STILL didn't get to run with them!)

Now, I have a confession. This Hoosier gal that bleeds Cream and Crimson is going to a Purdue basketball game this weekend. And, I'm not even taking an easy ride up 65 to see the game in Lafayette. Nope! I'm driving across the country to go to the game. SIX HOURS IN THE CAR TO GO TO A PURDUE GAME!!! OH!! MY!! GAWD!! I just keep telling myself it's just a fun weekend roadtrip with an athletic event thrown in for shit and giggles. And, there is no way in heck I'm wearing gold and black.

Hoo-Hoo-Hoo- HOOSIERS!!!

No comments: